Who are the Greeters?
- We are volunteers who show their city to visitors from all over the world.
- We are not professional tourist-guides.
- The Greeter idea was born in New York: People welcome international and national guests and individually show them the best places in their city. That is what we Greeter call a Greet.
- Therefore, visitors can expect personal stories rather than detailed historical facts.
- There are no standard routes or rules. Everyone offers his walks individually with dedication and great enthusiasm.
- On average, a greet lasts about three hours.
- We prefer meeting single travellers, friends on tour, couples and families. We do not take groups larger than six people. We either walk or use public transport.
Our Core Values
All Greeters and Greeter-groups (Greeter programmes) share the same core values:
Would you like to become a Greeter?
Would you like to become active in a Greeter-group? On the web-sites of the Greeter-groups you can find the appropriate printed form.
Or would you like to start a new Greeter-group in your town? In that case please contact us. We have produced a little starter-packet for new groups: email@example.com