Who are the Greeters?
- We are volunteers who show their city to visitors from all over the world.
- We are not professional tourist-guides.
- The Greeter idea was born in New York: People welcome international and national guests and individually show them the best places in their city. That is what we Greeter call a Greet.
- Therefore, visitors can expect personal stories rather than detailed historical facts.
- There are no standard routes or rules. Everyone offers his walks individually with dedication and great enthusiasm.
- On average, a greet lasts about two hours.
- We prefer meeting single travellers, friends on tour, couples and families. We do not take groups larger than six people. We either walk or use public transport.
All Greeters and Greeter-groups (Greeter programmes) share the same core values:
Would you like to become a Greeter?
Would you like to become active in a Greeter-group? On the web-sites of the Greeter-groups you can find the appropriate printed form.
Or would you like to start a new Greeter-group in your town? In that case please contact us. We have produced a little starter-packet for new groups: email@example.com